Friday, January 2, 2009

^^ A Way to Earn Money. ^^

Teo Chew Association will give out money to Teo Chew students annually.
So today, it was the same thing again.

Geez, it just won't stop raining!!!
I was soaked wet running all the way down from the car up to the entrance of Teo Chew Association premise.
Before the money-giving ceremony started, there was a little game.
All the "scholars" would need to draw a piece of paper out of a whole stack.
On each of the paper, there would be some chinese words.
We had to pronounce the word in Teo Chew!
Those who got it right could get an Ang Paw.

OMG, I'm sooooo bad in dialect that the most I know about Teo Chew dialect was "wa si Teo Chew nang" [translation: I'm a Teo Chew!]
:'((((
I kinda panicked when it was my turn to draw the paper. I got dis:


Why Why Why... Why is it soooo hard? I had no idea how to pronounce it right. T.T
Hui Ling and her friend was sitting beside me.
They were asking some women sitting beside them, so they helped me to pass my paper to the women.
Okay, so they told me it should be pronounced as "Zhap Chuan Zhap Miea", yea la, something like dat. XD
So when the man with the Ang Paws approached me, I slowly pronounced out the "Zhap.. Chuan.. Zhap.. Miea" in a vry bad accent.
He startled me by telling me in a booming voice, "No no no.. It's Zhap Chuan Zhap Mui! There are 2 ways you can pronounce the last word and in dis idiom, you should use Mui instead of Miea."
I nodded my head like a blur.
He gave me an Ang Paw anyway. Heheheee.

I got around RM96 today!
RM45 for getting 9 As, each A RM5, haha.
RM45 for getting A for Chinese.
I got 2 Ang Paws too. One for the scary pronunciation game, and another one for being among the 10 Teo Chew ppl who got A for Chinese. XD
So ppl out there, a way to earn money is to study hard! ^^
Zzzzzzzzzzz.............

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Earn Bread Means Make Money. Earn Bread

♥ violinistxixi ♥ said...

lol. Thanks businessjohn and runescape money. :)