Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stranded In a Broken Car In a Heavy Rain In a Dark Night In A... STOP IT LA. XD

Just like my long long title says.
I was stranded in a broken car in a heavy rain in a dark night when I was on the way back home from Kuantan.
Okay, not just me, my mum - the driver as well. XD

It had been a pretty tiring day and I expected a nice trip back home, back to my comfortable bedroom.
When I almost dozed off in the car, suddenly I heard my mum panicked voice, "Hey, look at the sweepers! They are getting slower!"
I rubbed my sleepy eyes and saw nothing but the poundingly heavy raindrops on the front car screen. [sorry, I'm not dat good at car terms. x.x]

My mum's eyesight isn't dat good as she didn't have her glasses on.
The raindrops was blurring every single view of the road in front of us.
I couldn't even see it clearly myself, so we decided to pull off by the roadside just outside a restaurant.

And here was where the problem started, when my mum tried to start the engine, it wouldn't start itself!
The lights in the car kept flickering when my mum frantically trying to liven up the old car.
She kept on mumbling "Die lar die lar" something like dat.
I was completely senseless about it, consumed by the fatigue.
Then she gave up, and called my dad.
We couldn't even go outside since there wasn't any umbrella in the car. X.X
So yea, we had to wait.

*20 minutes later.*
My dad and my uncle finally found us.
Seemed like the battery went out.
My uncle took out 2 long wires, one black and one red with crocodile clips at the end of them.
They tried to charge the car's battery by connecting my uncle's car battery and mine.
After like 15 minutes of trying, the car rumbled back to life.
We cheered loudly and my dad drove us back with my uncle trailing behind us, just to make sure we were okay.

Too bad things didn't went too well.
Just 5 minutes driving, the battery went down again. We could see the battery signal dimmed, faded and finally disappeared.
And guess where we were at that time?
GOSH, WE WERE AT A STUPID TRAFFIC LIGHT WITH LOTS OF CARS BEHIND US!

There was no way to charge the car now.
It wasn't a desirable place.
So what could we do?
WE PUSHED THE CAR!
Lol, frankly I was totally thrilled about the whole being-stranded-in-a-broken-car affair.
So I was the first one jumping down from the car and pushed it, but simply in vain, I wasn't strong enough.
The car only started moving when my uncle came and helped. XD
The whole traffic stopped to let us pushed the car over the junction! ^^
ABSOLUTELY EXCITING. XD

My uncle thought it would be taking a risk to try to charge the car again.
So we put it by the roadside and decided to attend to it in the morning, while my uncle fetched us home!
OMG, what a dramatic Valentine! ^^

ps: my car is back in action around 5pm today! XDDDD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, nice exp