Monday, September 8, 2008

There's Still Hope.

Wait a minute!
Things might not be that bad!


This afternoon another physiologist came to see me.
She was supposed be the one who treated me, but she went to KL and just came back today.
The doctor handling my case before was her brother. He was a really good surgeon.


So this physiologist asked me lots of questions.
And she made some assumptions:

* This MIGHT NOT be leukemia.
* This MIGHT BE some kind of virus disease which can be cured and can get well pretty soon. (She did mentioned the name, but it was really long. So I can't remember)


Why is it so?
* My symptoms do not all fit into the leukaemia's.
Yea, my liver and spleen did enlarged, but just mildly. Those who were diagnosed with
leukaemia had LARGE liver and spleen.
Usually leukaemia-diagnosed ppl don't undergo bacteria infections, and now here am I,
with 2 infections - gall bladder and throat.

*I was completely normal before i got that bloody fever. If I fell for leukaemia (I will just type
L la!), I should be suffering from fatigue and can't do much sports. In fact, I was still running and eating like everybody else 2 weeks before this.

*The decrease in number of neutrophils might be caused by the antibiotics. Since neutrophils are needed to kill the bacteria, they are no longer needed when antibiotics are injected into my body. Antibiotics take over neutrophils' function, so they become lesser.

*My lymphocytes are really high in number. A blood expert checked my blood sample.
He couldn't trace any L's cell in the blood. There were some abnormally-shaped
lymphocytes, but that can be caused by the bacterial infection. Most of the time, cancer
lymphocytes were very very very badly shaped. Mine were just okay.


So, she decided to observe for a few more days. See if my white blood cell will increase or drop. Then she will decide whether there will be a blood withdrawal from the bone marrow or not.

There's still hope. haha.

6 comments:

Yun Yee said...

sorry for late reply juz now..
hey..
i dun hav ur hp.num dy
coz tat day my hp took to repair..
so all contact delete automatically le..
u send ur num to me after u seeing tis comment..
k?
u get my offline msg mah?
hope u get it..
XD

emo boi said...

thank god... u must feeling reaaly relief rite now rite??

Anonymous said...

glad to hear.. really hope dat it's something else n u'll be well soon.. (by the way, it's spleen and shaped)

♥ violinistxixi ♥ said...

yy: ^^ i saw ur msg n i sent u a sms lu!! chat with u today lo.

emo boi: lol. a bit relief. but not totally. coz everything's still under observation.

pl: haha. so it's spleen. I kept on wondering about d spelling n dun have any clue. thx 4 d correction! ^^

Anonymous said...

好 消 息!!!

今 天 早 上 khaileng tell me bout U..

wa..
wat the terrible newZzz....

T.T

then....
blablabla........

-take care-

♥ violinistxixi ♥ said...

lol. ya lo.. poor khai leng.
terkejut until cry liaoo..
haiz. sori make so many ppl worry.. T.T