Sunday, April 26, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire ♥



Okay, first thing first.
I'm NOT watching this movie right now.

Before anything else, the best credit goes to ....... YI ZHEN for lending me the book! :)
[Gratitude expressed with tears in my eyes. :')]

"Slumdog Millionaire" is a completely amazing book that kept me awestruck all the way through my reading.
I'm still reading it though, 50 ++ pages to go. Lol.
It's absolutely bizarre that 18 year-old Ram Mohammad Thomas got such luck to win a billion in a quiz show, just because all the questions asked were related to his life, EVERY SINGLE ONE.
As he told his stories to his lawyer, Smita, mysteries unfolded and you could only gap at the things he had gone through in the 18 years since he was borned: murders, gays, rapes, living in the brink of penury......

It's a fabulous book and a completely stunning story. :)
[Tears coming again... XD]

Just grab one and read for yourself!!!!!


One of my friends did asked me, "Why do you choose to read a book rather than watching a movie? Doesn't it save time better?"

Well, I never find movies more intriguing than a book.
Movies can never portray the real character FULLY.
That is the conclusion I derived after I compared Harry Potter's movies and the books.
Sometimes, the story line is too long for a movie and they have to compress everything into at most 3 hours, so they EDIT, CUT and CHANGE it. :(((((
It loses all the originality of the story line, and the colour of the characters gone with it as well.
There are times where human cannot make out the effect described in the book, so they simply skip the part and spoil EVERYTHING!

What's more? We can never know what the characters are thinking by watching movies. They will only act those things out in expressions and what we can do is merely GUESS.
Bad actors or actresses only make things worse.
:((((

So yea, books are the best! ^^

"I'm proud to be a typical bookwormz"
wenxi

No comments: