Monday, April 13, 2009

Wen Xi as the Viola Player. ^^


The whole thing started with a joke.
Yong Wei was absent for the quartet practice as he would be going to Tronoh for the Petronas Interview. So Yi Zhen, Yie Chia and Jee Jung practise like a trio without the viola player.

A funny idea struck me as I watched them. Why don't I start learning viola and help them in the quartet? XDD
So I got the Strictly Strings book from the library and got Mr Khoo's viola.
I started by learning how to read Alto clef.
It was pretty confusing since I am initially a violinist.
Finally I got the hinge of it and finished book 1 in like 1 hour.
Then I finished book2 in another hour.

It was a pretty exhausting experience, since viola was kinda big for me and the shoulder rest pressed on my neck like a metal chain, leaving red bumps on my neck.
And then I tried to play the Dvorak's American. ^^
Wheeee, it sounded great, a really awesome piece.
Still I got messed up at certain places coz I kept on seeing Alto clef as Treble. XD
Out of habit. zzz.

That was the first day I learned viola. :)
I love its sound! Mellow and nice.


My violin and my teacher's viola!



Owh and now, some pictures taken with the cute little devil. ^^
She saw my phone and said, "TAKE PICTURES!!!!" Lol.



She took this pic on her own. She's only 5 years old and she already know how to self-take photos ady! ^^







No comments: