Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Happening CNY Eve In Shanghai! =DD

 

Right.

Before I start writing anything, omg, it’s already 5.30am! I guess I gonna stay awake until morning! HAHA!!!

Hope you guys enjoy the fireworks video! This was my first time celebrating CNY away from home, bidding farewell to my sumptuous reunion dinner and also the merry time getting tons of ang paos! Sound pretty sad, and it definitely is! I didn’t expect to celebrate it this year at all since there was an impending exam, until Ellen told me we shouldn’t treat ourselves that bad! LOL!

I got the invitation text from Ellen the day before, about a steamboat party at Nono Ai’s hostel! =D She wasn’t from our school you see, her school could definitely be labeled as a really COOL one – Shanghai Theatre Academy. ^.^ The place where all those stars, directors, actors and actresses came from!

 

Ellen, Telmuun and I were the ones from SHCM! 3 poor creatures a long long way from home in the evil grip of exam. What to do other than sticking together? =D

We went out to buy some meats, fishballs and seafood for the steamboat party around 5pm. Tried our luck at the nearby market but basically ALL OF THE SHOPS were closed. Yes, pretty much ALL OF THEM.

When we got to Parkson, it was already half-closed. We chose what we wanted ASAP and after 10 minutes we could hear the announcement saying “Here goes a beautiful day. We are delighted to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again.” Sheesh, Parkson was closing and we didn’t even pay yet! Luckily we made our way out in time. It felt pretty special to see the usual boisterous mall getting so dark and empty at just around 6pm. =)

 

Took a cab to Nono Ai’s hostel and yeayyyyy, we were directed into the VIP lounge! =DDD The only sad thing was, there wasn’t any heater. OMG! T.T

At first there were 2 heaters, but the electrical plugs went berserk so we were told not to use the heaters. IT WAS SOOOOO COLD OKAY???

 

Anywayyyyyyyy, think of the bright side, we got yummy steamboat awaiting us! Sooooooo, here goes pictures before I continue the story! =DDD

Spot this fascinating Tower Bridge thingy on the table and requested Telmuun to take some pictures for me. He directed me to pose like a monster attacking the edifice.

 

Attempt No.1, major failed. Where got such a smiley monster. –.-

DSC05754

 

 

 

 

Attempt No.2, urm.. slightly better but no evident act of destroying the bridge. R.E.T.A.K.E.

DSC05757

 

 

 

 

Attempt No.3, okay la.. this one better la. Looks like I’m going to break the bridge into half. Hallelujah. XDDD

DSC05758

 

 

 

 

 

Darling Nono Ai got us some bags filled with hot water to keep our hands warm! =DDD Here’s honey Ellen with her Hot Water Bag! ^_^

DSC05759

 

 

 

 

And here’s mine! ^_^

DSC05763

 

 

 

 

 

Since the plugs were having some temporary tantrums due to the heaters. We moved all the things inside the kitchen while waiting for the hostel maintainers to fix the plugs.

Yummy food in the process! Noted we were using the authentic Japanese soup! =DDD Credits to Baisha-kun for the soup ingredients!

DSC05764

 

 

 

 

 

L to R: Baisha-kun, Nono Ai and Ellen.

They were busy preparing. Telmuun cut the vegetables and Ellen and I washed them together. The water was totally ICY I couldn’t feel my fingers. T_T

DSC05766

 

DSC05769

 

 

 

 

 

Finally the plugs were fixed! So we moved the pots and induction cooker into the VIP lounge again and happily started to feast! =DDDD

Nono Ai taking pic of me and I took hers in return! Sorry for the blurred pic. =’(

DSC05770

 

 

 

 

Yummmmm, soooo many food! There were veges, mushrooms, fishballs, crabsticks and tons of beef. =DDDDDD

DSC05776

 

 

 

 

 

3rd round, added prawns! =DDDD

DSC05779

 

 

 

 

Owh yea, like what I said in the previous post about the fireworks. It had already started around 6pm or even earlier. We could hear the sound of the fireworks like roaring of thunders outside NON-STOP. First the fireworks were in the east, and then west, and then south, and then north. Seems like every single family in Shanghai played with the fireworks!!!

I TELL YOU I’M DEFINITELY NOT EXAGGERATING.

We were so busy eating we just went out to look at the fireworks from time to time, coz it was there, everywhere. XDDDD

Some snaps I got. See, this one was pretty faraway from our place.

DSC05782

 

DSC05784

 

 

 

 

 

And then this one was just RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW!!! We pretty much jumped out of our seats when it started. It was so loud!

DSC05792

 

 

 

 

See how close it was???

DSC05793

 

 

 

 

The moment when the fireworks dissipates, look like stars aren’t they? Btw that’s the moon-alike sticker on the window. I felt like I was looking at the moon itself with stars surrounding it! ^_^

DSC05794

 

 

 

 

After we fed ourselves full, we headed to The Bund around 10.30pm something. Got ourselves 2 cabs and the scenery wowed us when we reached our destination.

 

Immediately snapped some pics!!! =DDD I was especially in love with this Clock Tower.

DSC05795

 

DSC05797

 

 

 

 

 

Me and darling Ellen! =DDD

DSC05799

 

 

 

 

Telmuun the Tall. XDD

DSC05800

 

 

 

 

We were at the Bund Sightseeing Platform! =DDD Here we could see all the famous buildings in Shanghai altogether! Look! I could even place all of them into this picture! =DDDDD

Credits to Telmuun for taking the pics! =D

DSC05801 

 

DSC05802

 

 

 

 

Repaid his good deeds by taking some pics for him too! LOL!

DSC05803

 

DSC05804

 

 

 

 

Buildings with yellow lighting! MAD LOVE!

DSC05806 

DSC05807 

DSC05808

 

 

 

 

Group pictures credits to a lovely stranger. =)

L to R: Telmuun, Ellen, Me, Nono Ai, Sebastian, Baisha-san and Masaki-san!

DSC05809

 

 

 

When we were taking pictures, suddenly this western guy just slipped in and wanted to take pics with us too. He seemed a bit drunk and he put his arms around Nono Ai. That kinda pissed Sebastian off. O.O

DSC05810

 

 

 

 

Anyway, I guess he meant no harm and perhaps he just wanted to stand in the middle and he wasn’t sober enough to sense that Sebastian was Nono Ai’s bf. =.=

Thumbs up for Sebastian for being a real gentleman not to pick a fight with this guy! Though it was pretty obvious how pissed he was in the pic below. O.O

DSC05811

 

 

 

 

Haha.. Another pic of the Clock tower up close!

DSC05812

 

 

 

 

Since there was like 1 hour more until midnight, we decided to find somewhere to sit down and drink something hot. Saw this roadside singer on our way. He earned quite a lot pocket money that night, all donated by the intrigued passer-bys! XDDD Btw he was pretty good at singing. =DD

DSC05813

 

 

 

 

 

We settled down at McDonald’s. =DD I just got myself a little box of milk. Still feeling extraordinarily full. XDD

With Ellen! =D

DSC05815

 

DSC05817

 

 

 

 

Mr Telmuun believed that with every picture he took, he gonna get older 2 years. =.= Dunno where he got this theory from.

DSC05818

 

 

 

 

Went back to the Bund Sightseeing Platform around 11.45pm! There were already a lot of ppl gathering there waiting for the midnight fireworks! =)

A picture of the crowd. =.= Telmuun barged in unconsciously and spoiled the pic. LOL.

DSC05819

 

 

 

 

The beautiful night view of The Bund! Sorry my stupid camera didn’t do it justice. I want a new camera pretty pleaseeee.

DSC05831

 

DSC05832

 

 

 

 

With cute bunny Masaki-san!!! HAHAHA!!!

DSC05834

 

 

 

 

I swear my height reaches his ears. If you don’t believe me, check out the previous pictures! LOL. I dunno why I bent my knees. XDD

DSC05835

 

 

 

 

AGAIN I HATE MY STUPID CAMERA. See how the flash makes all of us look like we are made out of wax? UGHHH.

DSC05840

 

 

 

 

Okay this one slightly better. =.=

DSC05841

 

 

 

No pictures of the fireworks coz I already recorded it into the video in the previous post! XDDDDDD

 

Got back to the dorm around 1am plus and took pictures of the outfit of the day before changing!

Wearing my beloved vintage dragonfly necklace.

DSC05887

 

 

 

 

Andddd the lacey dress. Sorry no pictures of the whole look coz I’m too tired. XD

DSC06054

 

 

OMG IT’S 6.22am NOW.

Hmm.. Maybe I should try to go to sleep. XDDD Enjoy your CNY guys!!! ^_^ HAVE FUN! =DDDDDD

 

The fireworks are still going on out there. @.@

No comments: