Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chinese Communist Party’s 90th anniversary concert!

 

Received a gig for the celebration of the 90th anniversary of Chinese Communist Party. Heard that it gonna be broadcasted on tv. =)

 

We quartet members played Canon in D while another 4 person recited a patriotic poem on stage. =)

Credits to Martin for inviting me to the gig! He was our manager that day. =)

 

Playing with Martin’s walkie talkie. 

IMAG0825

 

 

 

 

The huge stage. During rehearsal. =)

DSC00495

 

 

 

 

 

There were altogether 400 plus performers, 20 hairstylists and 20 make-up artists. XDD

I like the hairstyle done that day! =))

DSC00513

 

DSC00520

 

DSC00524

 

 

 

 

 

With Martin the manager. LOL. Broad smile he had here.

DSC00527

 

 

 

 

 

I think the make-up artist put too much powder on my face. X.X I don’t like to put so much foundation. =(( Even when I do make up sometimes for gigs, I never put any foundation, just eye liner, a bit eye shadow and mascara will do.

DSC00540

 

 

 

 

Martin dozed off and I played with his phone’s cam! LOL!

DSC00546

 

DSC00553

 

 

 

 

Got the pics from his phone yesterday! Thanks dude!

IMAG0811 

IMAG0822

 

 

 

 

 

Then played with his super geeky spec too while he was still sleeping. LOL LOL.

DSC00564

 

DSC00566

 

DSC00568

 

DSC00576

 

 

 

 

 

Continue to sleep pls. So I can take more pics! LOL!

DSC00580

 

 

 

 

Whoops he woke up! XD

DSC00582

 

 

 

It was quite fun and hectic. Seeing hundreds of ppl running here and there at the back stage. XD Quite a great experience!

Evening was quite a disaster. A sister asked for my help to take over her place in a gig for half an hour, and said she would be there right at 7.30pm so I could leave. At first I was reluctant to go coz I had violin exam the next morning and I needed to practise, but she kept saying she couldn’t find others to replace her. Since she always invite me to gigs so I decided that I owe her a favour and should go. She promised to reach right at 7.30pm so I could go back earlier to practise. However, in the end, she reached around 9pm! And she didn’t even apologise too! =(((((

I practically ran all  my way out to catch a cab and only found one after freaking 20 minutes!!

Got back to hostel around 10pm, feeling all drained up. Best thing yet? I didn’t even have my dinner yet! Ate a bowl of instant noodles around 11pm coz I was starving.

So not going to take this kinda work next time! =((

No comments: