Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm Not China Girl!



Lol. Found this pic surprisingly depicting my situation, though totally the other way round.
I'm a Malaysian Chinese trying to learn the real Chinese slang.

Owh and, no it's not supposed to be slang la.
Those are the real typical way how Chinese words should be pronounced.
So yea I'm learning it and I'm glad to say dat I'm pretty good at that until nobody realise I'm a foreigner. Huhu.

The bad thing is how to adjust it when I come back to Malaysia.
Here's a funny story.
My real life story, one week after I came back to Malaysia.


Orthodentist's Wife and the China Girl.

I wanted to make an appointment at Dr Ling's clinic, DESPERATELY.
Yes, my retainer was totally worn off after such a long period and it was time to make a new one.
Besides, I needed to get my teeth checked as well.

Dr Ling was so famous that his clinic was always full, so to avoid waiting until missing my lunch, my mum urged me to call to make an appointment.

I hadn't fully recovered from the China slang yet. Malaysian slang was still A BIT foreign for me. Sounds funny right? but that was the truth. At least for the 1st week la. haha.

So I called. Mrs Ling picked up the phone.
"Hehlow?" She spoke in her usual austere manner.


Without thinking I started speaking as if I was still in Shanghai.

"喂~ 你好。。 我是KEMAMAN的雯希。。我想问待会儿我可以做一个APPOINTMENT吗?”
*translation: Hello, I'm Wen Xi from Kemaman, just wanna ask if I can make an appointment later?*
I sounded just like a China girl. X.X


"WHAT?! Say AGAIN!"

I repeated.

"Owh.. Wen Xi izzit? Why in the world are you talking like a China girl? I wanna slam down the phone already! I thought it is some prank call made by those China girls!"

=.='''


"Sorry sorry auntie, I just came back from Shanghai."


Lol. Luckily she didn't slam the phone down, so I didn't miss my lunch and got my retainer in time. Hiak hiak~~~



Anyway I managed to tune back to my Malaysian slang right now. Good thing. Though sometimes still will say "好吧~" instead of ok. Haha..


Good night ppl~ :DDDD I'm not a China girl la~ I'm pure Malaysian~ ^^

No comments: