Sunday, April 4, 2010

I jumped down from the 11th floor.

I jumped down from the 11th floor......




And saw the loving newly-weds from the 10th floor striking and hitting each other with such ferocity.






At the 9th floor, I saw the inexpugnable and tough Lily sobbing uncontrollably in her room.








I saw Maymay from the 8th floor gaping in despair, discovering her fiancee sleeping with her best friend.




And I saw Danielle from the 7th floor eating amphetamine.





As I fell, I saw Mr Larry, living in the 6th floor, who has been unemployed for quite a while still diligently seeking for jobs in the papers.







Then at the 5th, I witnessed the respectable Teacher Wong wearing his wife's brassiere.







The 4th floor, Little Kate was trying to break up again with her boyfriend.







Uncle Pom from the 3rd floor hoping for some visits from his children, who didn't care for him for years.






2nd floor, Mary still looking at her husband's photo who was reported missing after half a year they were married.






Before I jumped down, I thought I was the most unfortunate people on earth.







Now I knew that everyone had their own problems and difficulties.







After looking at them, I realised, actually, my life was pretty good after all.








Those ppl who I was looking at were staring at me now.







Somehow, I got the feeling that, after they looked at me, they would feel that their life weren't so bad after all.




Lesson's learnt:

Human's lives are all the same actually.
When you're thinking that you've a horrible life, simultaneously, someone else's living a harder life in another part of the world.
So you should learn how to appreciate and be happy with what you're having.
Stop brooding or moaning.




Arts by 朱德庸,Translation by Xixi Khor. :)
Share this if you're inspired.

No comments: