Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Most “Exciting” Gig Ever.

Not planning to accept any gig coz my exam is coming up next month. However was forced to go for this one, because a sister that I really adored couldn’t find any other violinists who were willing to go, so I relented.

 

It was pretty easy to understand why everyone didn’t want to accept this gig. Yes, we just need to play for 40 minutes for RMB400 per person, but we have to start rehearsal at 2pm and the actual performing time was at 7pm! Think of that! Fancy 5 hours wasted in between! I prefer to use the time for practice. –.-

 

Anyway, since I already promised her, so I went. It was a company’s 10th anniversary dinner at Hilton Hotel. And that Hilton Hotel situated like sooooo soooo faraway from the urban area! So weird right. =.= It still took 1 hour drive to get there after you came out of the furthest subway station you can find in Shanghai. Imagine that.

There was a lady who was in charge of us and drove us there. She lost her way and started calling someone to ask for direction. The scariest thing was she kept driving SO FAST when she was still talking on the phone!!!!!! And one of us got the GPRS and wanted to show her the map but she just kept on relying on the person over the phone!!!

 

The most EXCITING part was we almost got into a car accident!! The traffic light already turned red, but she was too engrossed in talking to the phone and didn’t notice! There was a bus fulled of passengers driving out in full speed from another junction! She immediately stepped on the brake SO HARD and the car kept on skiing forward! All of us could hear the “CREAKKKKKK” sound of the car tyres and were all completely panicked. Luckily the car stopped like a metre away from the bus. The most annoying thing was?

SHE CONTINUED TALKING ON THE PHONE LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED.

Sheesh!

 

The 4 of us (quartet gig member) were pretty furious, but decided not to make a scene so we kept quiet. I mean like, come on, there are 4 lives in your hands now! You can drive like this if you’re alone, but please, we don’t want to die yet!

 

We finally reached the hotel around 2pm and waited for a longgggggggggggg time after the rehearsal. I practised a little when I was waiting. And then 2 ladies came to me and asked whether they could take pics of me and my violin. :)

They were actually 2 make-up artists who were paid to come over to handle the dance performers’ make up and stuff. :) Pretty, aren’t they? :)

27157117_559652576_副本

sam_2868_副本

 

The gig finished around 8pm, and we took an hour drive back to the subway station, and another 40 minutes in the subway to get back to my hostel! OMG, the mosttttt tiring gig ever. I’m soooo not going to accept a gig that’s soooo faraway anymore! XDDD

I’m so glad I’m still alive! PHEW! XD

No comments: